260 East Bay Ave | Manahawkin, NJ 08050
W: www.staffordnj.gov | E: email@example.com | P: (609) 597-1000 | F: (609) 597-4911
Skip to navigation
Mayor John Spodofora
- Married 33 Years; father of two children, three grandchildren.
- Resident since 1957, elected Twp. Council 1988; Mayor 2010 to present; Police Commissioner, former Chairman Environmental Commission; former Zoning Board member and former Little League Coach.
- Liaison to Fire Department, Police Department and a member of the Planning Board.
- Navy Veteran, active duty 1966-1973 Honorable Discharge.
- Retired manager of Cost Analysis Naval Engineering Station; '91 "Outstanding Federal Employee," '93 "Outstanding Manager Award", "Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation", "Navy Meritorious Civilian Service Metal", "1990 Presidential Teddy Roosevelt Conservation Award, "National Arbor Day" Lawrence Enerson Award, "1996 "SRHS Wall of Fame." EPA National Award of Excellence 1994, NJ Elected Officials Hall of Fame, ALO Friend of the Sea Award 2004, "Forty Who Make A Difference in Monmouth & Ocean Counties Award" 2008.
Council President David J. Taylor
- Married 33 years to Lynn.
- Local small businessman, President and CEO of Taylor made Cabinets.
- Founded his business in 1985 and has expanded to include a 4,500 square foot showroom.
- Served eight years on the Executive Committee of Southern Ocean Chamber of Commerce, and as President from 2008-2010.
- Liaison to the Planning Board, Public Works and served Stafford for the past nine years as a member of the Zoning Board.
- Helped establish the Bay Avenue Business Association in 2009 and serves as its president.
Councilman Stephen Fessler
- Married 39 years to Sally.
- Steve and his wife are 36-year residents of Manahawkin.
- Served the community as a member of the Stafford School Board for nine years, including two years as President and two years as Vice President.
- Steve has also been an elder at his church and a coach.
- Steve works at the 84 Lumber Company and Sally is a Registered Nurse at Southern Ocean Medical Center.
- Liaison to School Districts, Community Outreach and EMS.
Councilman Steve Jeffries
- Married 25 years to Trudy, five children and ten grandchildren.
- Graduate of the Merchant Marine Academy; served as a merchant seaman as well as a nuclear and chemical engineer.
- Has lived in Manahawkin for over 25 years, where he currently works as a financial advisor and his wife is a local realtor.
- Avid sailor, enjoying all activities associated with the water.
- Fiscal conservative who believes in reducing the impact of government on the citizens of Stafford.
- Believes that government serves the citizens but does not control them – although government is a necessity, it should be limited to what is necessary.
- Liaison to Water & Sewer and Animal Control.
Councilman Paul Marchal
- Married 24 years to Stephanie.
- Stafford residents since 2006.
- Local small businessman operates two Edible Arrangements stores.
- Liaison to Recreation, Municipal Alliance, the Historic Commission, member of the Stafford Township Zoning Board since 2009 and member of the Stafford Township Planning Board since 2010.
- Founding member of the Stafford Chamber of Commerce.
- Previously worked in upper management and operations in the garment industry.
- Former Chairman of the Hackensack Zoning Board.
Councilwoman Sharon McKenna
- Married 23 years to Mike.
- Stafford resident since 1998.
- Nearly 10 years’ experience working in the United States Congress on fishery and environmental issues, many pertaining to Stafford Township.
- Education and Special Events coordinator, Viking Village in Barnegat Light.
- Council liaison to the Stafford Township Environmental Commission, Building, Zoning and Fire Prevention. Member of the Stafford Township Planning Board for over seven years.
- B.A. Stockton College; Master’s Certificate in Advanced Applied Project Management, Villanova University.
- Past President of the Ocean Acres Civic Association and Advisory Board Member to the Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
- Real Estate Associate at Weichert Realtors, Ship Bottom, New Jersey.
Councilman Alan R. Smith, Colonel USMC (retired)
- Married 41 years to college sweetheart Barbara.
- US Marine Corps (retired), joining the Marines as an enlisted man out of high school and received his commission after college. Served in two wars over his career, as a Corporal in Vietnam and a Colonel in Iraq. Received the Secretary of Defense Medal for Exceptional Public Service and the State of New Jersey Meritorious Service Medal for Public Service.
- Liaison to Finance, Tax Collection, Tax Assesment, Senior Services and Emergency Management.
- Serves Stafford as Volunteer Emergency Management Coordinator and volunteers as a board member for the Jersey Shore Chapter of the Red Cross.
- Became an Elementary School Teacher and an Adjunct Professor at Ocean County College and Georgian Court University. He has recently published his first book of historical fiction.