John T. Maresca, Vehicle Maintenance Foreman
John began his career with the Department of Public Works in November 1999 as a mechanic. In July 2003 he was appointed as the Vehicle Maintenance Foreman. John has successfully completed the Rutgers Certified Public Works Manager curriculum and is awaiting the opportunity to take the NJ Department of Community Affairs exam to become a Certified Public Works Manager.
The division provides daily and routine maintenance; major repairs; preventative maintenance; and metal fabrication for special projects.
The division is staffed with four mechanic's and one assistant mechanic.
Responsibilities include the maintenance of 223 Vehicles and Equipment
- 14 Automated Trash Trucks
- 7 Rear-Load Trash Trucks
- 7 Side-Load Recycling Trucks
- 10 Dump Trucks
- 2 Street Sweepers
- 1 Jet/Vac (Catch Basin Cleaner)
- 13 Fire/EMS Large Vehicles
- 17 Fire/Ems Small Vehicles
- 2 Emergency Management Vehicles
- 3 Buses with wheelchair lifts
- 17 Pickups
- 18 Light vehicles
- 46 Small engine powered equipment
- 55 Non-powered equipment