Stafford Township’s Affordable Housing Program is administered by the Community Development Department and the department is the main point of contact with the office of Local Planning Services (formerly the staff which administered the Fair Housing Act under the Council on Affordable Housing or COAH) in the Department of Community Affairs (DCA).
The Department of Community Affairs is the regulatory agency responsible for implementing rules regarding each municipality’s constitutional obligation to provide affordable housing. Activities include implementing the Township’s certified plan by revising ordinances, creating manuals and establishing procedures to administer and create affordable housing units, coordinating collection and disbursement of development fee funds, coordinating with administrative agents and developers who are providing affordable housing to ensure compliance with State regulations and providing information and applications to potential affordable housing households. Monitoring reports are provided to DCA on a monthly basis regarding development fees and any housing activity.
The following documents will help in your search for affordable housing in Stafford Township.
If you have questions or need further information, please contact Bonnie N. Flynn, Director of Community Development and Affordable Housing Coordinator, at (609) 597-1000 x 8529. Full information packets are available at the Community Development Department front desk or can be mailed upon request.
- Affordable Housing Program Summary
- Affordable Housing Units in Stafford Township
- Affordable Housing Resources
- 2013 Regional Income Limits
- 2013 Income Limits for Stafford Park Apartments
- Preliminary Application
- The Township has created a Down Payment Assistance Program which is availble to buyers of affordable units in the Township's approved plan. Please click here for more information.
- Complete Affordable Housing Information Packet (contains all of the above items in one document)
Other helpful resources: